Friday 14 December 2012

Fiendish Fairy Tales

I have just finished my first brief for my foundation degree. The theme was 'Fiendish Fairy Tales' - the darker side of fairy tales. I found my inspiration mainly from illustrations of fairy tales with an unusual or dark twist. The brief asked me to design and make a cami style featuring surface decoration, and cut make and trim a pair of palazzo pants which would feature a print designed by myself. I really enjoyed this brief as the theme was so interesting and inspiring, however it got stressful towards the deadline, getting everything finished! A word of advice to everyone studying, plan and organize your work and make sure its not left to the last minute...otherwise not everything gets done.

Here is my finished top, featuring free machine embroidery and couching with threads. The neckline is bound and the tier on the bottom is gathered and shaped slightly. On the back is a grown on facing opening with hook and eye fastenings. I will put pictures of the palazzo pants and my sketchbook that went alongside this project up soon.



2 comments:

  1. I love it... looking forward to choreographing this number! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Im sorry I have only just seen your comment...

    ReplyDelete